- Sunday, 9 February 2014 -
You had me at hello!
Good day to you my lovelies and welcome to my little corner of the internet! I'm Claire, or Clairy Fairy as my friends and family have so aptly dubbed me. I'm a twenty-something year old design student currently dwelling in the north east of England. So, instead of jabbering on with my monotonous likes and dislikes and general formalities, I've decided to make this introductory post that bit more fun, so without further ado, here are 25 random facts about me, I hope you enjoy!
1. I currently have four tattoos - a sun and a moon on my forearms, a darling deer named Dotty on my lower calf and a magnificent portrait of a fox on my thigh. As a very colourful individual, I've always had a strong fascination towards tattoos, even as a child I'd be covered from head to toe in those little temporary tattoos - I was so cool.
2. A few years ago when myself and my mum were holidaying in America, we experienced an earthquake. We were in an ice cream parlour when things seemed to be swaying, and the girls behind the counter suddenly started screeching and ducked under the counter whilst my mother and I remained totally oblivious to what was going on.
3. 30 Seconds To Mars are my all-time favourite band and not only have I been fortunate enough to join them onstage in concert, but I'm also in their music video for 'Closer to the Edge.' Ahhh, dreams really do come true!
4. I'm currently on a placement year whereby I managed to gain a scholarship for a design internship here in Newcastle and I've loved every minute of it.
5. Although I don't remember this otherwise very prominent/traumatic incident, I've been told that I managed to swallow my tongue twice as a child.
6. I have been every hair colour imaginable and I think it reflects my colourful personality well. That being said, I haven't been my natural hair colour in 10 years.
7. I am a total and utter nerd. I enjoy playing the likes of Pokemon, World of Warcraft, Call of Duty... Anything game-related really.
8. Okay, so this is a bit of a weird one. I have globophobia - an intense and irrational fear of balloons. And yes, you did read that correctly! I'm terrified to even be in the same room with them just incase they pop.
9. My father owns an apple business, so for as long as I can remember, apples have always been a prominent part of my life. We never seem to be short of apple pie, apple juice, or the stars themselves - apples!
10. This one may actually upset or shock you... I prefer coffee to tea.
11. My birthday lies on the 29th of October and every year I ask my mum why she couldn't have just held me in for an extra few days!
12. Even though I technically have two half-sisters, I grew up as an only child. And, as one can imagine, being an only child was quite a lonely experience, so I used to believe I could talk to animals i.e. my best friends.
13. I met my boyfriend, Martin in the funniest of situations. I was at a local pub back in Northern Ireland one weekend (classy, eh?) when all of a sudden I heard this cocky voice downright insulting me. He was playfully slurring some phrases like, "ah, you think you're tight do ya with those face piercings?" We've been happily together for three years now. Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen and all that.
14. I am a complete freak when it comes to eating peas. I have them in almost every dish I prepare (don't judge meeeeee).
15. No facts post would be complete without the generic "my favourite colour is..." Well, mine is purple, merely because it's a mixture of both pink and blue.
16. When I younger and in a desperate attempt to discover myself, I used to practice witchcraft and tarot reading. I was unsuccessful in both however.
17. If I was a Disney character, I'd definitely be Stitch from 'Lilo and Stitch.' Primarily because I can do a freakishly accurate impression of his voice, plus, he's pretty small... Like me!
18. Even though I'm Irish, I've actually never drank a Guinness.
19. I used to flirt with the idea of perhaps one day getting a boob reduction as I've felt so disproportioned my entire life, however I've learnt to accept who I am and be happy in my own skin. Though, it'd be nice to be able to see my toes every once in a while...
20. As strange as this sounds, my mum is my best friend. We tell each other absolutely everything and I'd never let a day go by without talking to her. She's my rock and without her, I wouldn't be the person I am today.
21. I have a cutie of a cocker spaniel named Ben. I first laid eyes on him when I was staying with my dad one weekend. We were visiting a neighbour of his when I saw him. It was pouring rain and the garden was covered in litter and broken objects and general garbage. Ben was tied tightly to a post with no shelter and he was just sitting there in the shivering cold. A few weeks later after this upsetting ordeal, my dad paid the owners to have Ben and give him a better home and we haven't looked back since!
22. Once, whilst I was at a self service checkout at Sainsbury's, I noticed that there was a £20 note that hadn't been fed in properly to the machine. And even though the little devil on my shoulder was urging me to make a break for it, I brushed him off and handed it in.
23. Having been surrounded by apples my entire life, there's a lot of other fruits I actually have never tried, like pineapple, kiwi or even strawberries.
24. As a child, instead of going to themeparks or beach resorts for holidays, my mum brought me to numerous musicals/plays. The tradition would be: one night we'd go to see something I liked and the next night, we'd go to see something she'd fancy. One time we actually just went to see Cats twice =^o.o^=
25. I used to study drama when I was younger and was adamant that I was going to be the next Meryl Streep.